We have devised some working definitions that can be used to spot the bad guys without needing to resort to airy fairy concepts like whether or not their cause is just. Simply check your suspected evildoer against this handy checklist:
You are a terrorist leader if:
1) You are prepared to kill more civilians in the cause of your righteous battle than the evil regime you are trying to overthrow is willing to kill to stop you.
2) You live a life of luxury in the centre of your enemies' homeland, preaching your values in the certain knowledge that the evil, corrupt government there will do its best to protect your right to do so.
3) You regularly use the word ‘infidel’.
Yours is a rogue state if:
1) Whilst fighting a desperate defensive war against another nation that threatens your very sovereignty, you can still manage to spare enough resources to massacre large numbers of your own civilians.
2) Your ruling party won the last election by a majority of 100% or more.
3) The leader of your main Opposition party is in prison, in hiding, or dead.
4) Your chief torturer appears on the western media and criticises your enemies for human rights violations.
5) Your ambassador to America refused to come back after his last diplomatic mission.
6) Your military is funded largely through food aid from the European Union.